Terms of Service
Last updated: April 26, 2023
From everyone at Vidovo LLC, thank you for using our products! We build them to help you do your best work. There are millions of people using Vidovo LLC products every day. Because we don’t know every one of our customers personally, we have to put in place some Terms of Service to help keep the ship afloat.
When we say “Company”, “we”, “our”, or “us” in this document, we are referring to Vidovo LLC.
When we say “Services”, we mean our websites/apps, including vidovo.com, the Vidovo mobile app, and any product created and maintained by Vidovo LLC.
When we say “You” or “your”, we are referring to the people or organizations that own an account with one or more of our Services.
We may update these Terms of Service ("Terms") in the future. Whenever we make a significant change to our policies, we will refresh the date at the top of this page and take any other appropriate steps to notify account holders.
When you use our Services, now or in the future, you are agreeing to the latest Terms. There may be times where we do not exercise or enforce a right or provision of the Terms; however, that does not mean we are waiving that right or provision. These Terms do contain a limitation of our liability.
If you violate any of the Terms, we may terminate your account. That’s a broad statement and it means you need to place a lot of trust in us. We do our best to deserve that trust by being open about our policies and how we operate. If you have any questions about these Terms, please contact us.
Our app uses AI to generate content. We do not guarantee that the content will be accurate or appropriate for your situation. AI generated content are not representative of the views of Vidovo LLC. We are not responsible for the content generated by artificial intelligence in the app.
- You are responsible for maintaining the security of your account and password and for ensuring that any of your users do the same. The Company cannot and will not be liable for any loss or damage from your failure to comply with this security obligation.
- You are responsible for all content posted to and activity that occurs under your account, including content posted by and activity of any users in your account.
- You must be a human. Accounts registered by “bots” or other automated methods are not permitted.
Payment, Refunds, and Plan Changes
- If you are using a free version of one of our Services, it is really free: we do not ask you for your credit card and — just like for customers who pay for our Services — we do not sell your data.
- For paid Services that offer a free trial, we explain the length of trial when you sign up. After the trial period, you need to pay in advance to keep using the Service. If you do not pay, we will freeze your account and it will be inaccessible until you make payment. If your account has been frozen for a while, we will queue it up for auto-cancellation.
- If you are upgrading from a free plan to a paid plan, we will charge your card immediately and your billing cycle starts on the day of upgrade. For other upgrades or downgrades in plan level, the new rate starts from the next billing cycle.
- All fees are exclusive of all taxes, levies, or duties imposed by taxing authorities. Where required, we will collect those taxes on behalf of the taxing authority and remit those taxes to taxing authorities.
- We process refunds according to our sole discretion. If you are eligible for a refund, we will process it within 30 days of your request. If you are not eligible for a refund, we will let you know why.
Cancellation and Termination
- All of your content will be inaccessible from the Services immediately upon account cancellation. Within 30 days, all content will be permanently deleted from active systems and logs. Within 60 days, all content will be permanently deleted from our backups. We cannot recover this information once it has been permanently deleted.
- If you cancel the Service before the end of your current paid up month, your cancellation will take effect immediately, and you will not be charged again. We do not automatically prorate unused time in the last billing cycle.
- We have the right to suspend or terminate your account and refuse any and all current or future use of our Services for any reason at any time. Suspension means you and any other users on your account will not be able to access the account or any content in the account. Termination will furthermore result in the deletion of your account or your access to your account, and the forfeiture and relinquishment of all content in your account. We also reserve the right to refuse the use of the Services to anyone for any reason at any time. We have this clause because statistically speaking, out of the hundreds of thousands of accounts on our Services, there is at least one doing something nefarious. There are some things we staunchly stand against and will not tolerate.
- Verbal, physical, written or other abuse (including threats of abuse or retribution) of a Company employee or officer will result in immediate account termination.
Modifications to the Service and Prices
- Sometimes we change the pricing structure for our products. When we do that, we tend to exempt existing customers from those changes. However, we may choose to change the prices for existing customers. If we do so, we will give at least 30 days notice and will notify you via the email address on record. We may also post a notice about changes on our websites or the affected Services themselves.
Uptime, Security, and Privacy
- Your use of the Services is at your sole risk. We provide these Services on an “as is” and “as available” basis. We do not offer service-level agreements for most of our Services. We do not guarantee that the Services will be uninterrupted, timely, secure, or error-free. We do not guarantee that the results that may be obtained from the use of the Services will be accurate or reliable. You understand and agree that any data or content downloaded or otherwise obtained through the use of the Services is done at your own discretion and risk and that you will be solely responsible for any damage to your computer system or loss of data that results from the download of such data or content.
- We reserve the right to temporarily disable your account if your usage significantly exceeds the average usage of other customers of the Services. Of course, we’ll reach out to the account owner before taking any action except in rare cases where the level of use may negatively impact the performance of the Service for other customers.
- We take many measures to protect and secure your data through backups, redundancies, and encryption. We enforce encryption for data transmission from the public Internet. There are some edge cases where we may send your data through our network unencrypted.
When you use our Services, you entrust us with your data. We take that trust to heart. You agree that Vidovo LLC may process your data at our discretion. We as humans can access your data for the following reasons:
- To help you with support requests you make.
- On the rare occasions when an error occurs that stops an automated process partway through. We get automated alerts when such errors occur. When we can fix the issue and restart automated processing without looking at any personal data, we do. In rare cases, we have to look at a minimum amount of personal data to fix the issue. In these rare cases, we aim to fix the root cause to prevent the errors from recurring.
- To safeguard Vidovo LLC. We’ll look at logs and metadata as part of our work to ensure the security of your data and the Services as a whole. If necessary, we may also access accounts as part of an investigation into suspected abuse or misuse of the Services.
- To the extent required by applicable law. As a US company with all data infrastructure located in the US, we only preserve or share customer data if compelled by a US government authority with a legally binding order or proper request under the Stored Communications Act, or in limited circumstances in the event of an emergency request. If a non-US authority approaches Vidovo LLC for assistance, our default stance is to refuse unless the order has been approved by the US government, which compels us to comply through procedures outlined in an established mutual legal assistance treaty or agreement mechanism. If Vidovo LLC is audited by a tax authority, we only share the bare minimum billing information needed to complete the audit.
We use third party vendors and hosting partners to provide the necessary hardware, software, networking, storage, and related technology required to run the Services.
- Under the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”), Vidovo LLC is a “service provider”, not a “business” or “third party”, with respect to your use of the Services. That means we process any data you share with us only for the purpose you signed up for and as described in these Terms. We do not retain, use, disclose, or sell any of that information for any other commercial purposes unless we have your explicit permission. And on the flip-side, you agree to comply with your requirements under the CCPA and not use our Services in a way that violates the regulations.
Copyright and Content Ownership
- All content posted on the Services must comply with U.S. copyright law.
- You give us a license to use the content posted by you and your users in order to provide the Service.
- We do not pre-screen content, but we reserve the right (but not the obligation) in our sole discretion to refuse or remove any content that is available via the Service.
- You agree not to reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell or exploit any portion of the Services, use of the Services, or access to the Services without the express written permission of the Company.
Features and Bugs
We design our Services with care, based on our own experience and the experiences of customers who share their time and feedback. However, there is no such thing as a service that pleases everybody. We make no guarantees that our Services will meet your specific requirements or expectations.
We also test all of our features extensively before shipping them. As with any software, our Services inevitably have some bugs. We track the bugs reported to us and work through priority ones, especially any related to security or privacy. Not all reported bugs will get fixed and we don’t guarantee completely error-free Services.
Services Adaptations and API Terms
We offer Application Program Interfaces (“API”s) for some of our Services. Any use of the API, including through a third-party product that accesses the Services, is bound by these Terms plus the following specific terms:
- You expressly understand and agree that we are not liable for any damages or losses resulting from your use of the API or third-party products that access data via the API.
- Third parties may not access and employ the API if the functionality is part of an application that remotely records, monitors, or reports a Service user’s activity other than time tracking, both inside and outside the applications. The Company, in its sole discretion, will determine if an integration service violates this bylaw. A third party that has built and deployed an integration for the purpose of remote user surveillance will be required to remove that integration.
- Abuse or excessively frequent requests to the Services via the API may result in the temporary or permanent suspension of your account’s access to the API. The Company, in its sole discretion, will determine abuse or excessive usage of the API. If we need to suspend your account’s access, we will attempt to warn the account owner first. If your API usage could or has caused downtime, we may cut off access without prior notice.
Some third-party providers have created integrations between our Services and theirs. We are not liable or accountable for any of these third-party integrations.
We mention liability throughout these Terms but to put it all in one section:
You expressly understand and agree that the Company shall not be liable, in law or in equity, to you or to any third party for any direct, indirect, incidental, lost profits, special, consequential, punitive or exemplary damages, including, but not limited to, damages for loss of profits, goodwill, use, data or other intangible losses (even if the Company has been advised of the possibility of such damages), resulting from: (i) the use or the inability to use the Services; (ii) the cost of procurement of substitute goods and services resulting from any goods, data, information or services purchased or obtained or messages received or transactions entered into through or from the Services; (iii) unauthorized access to or alteration of your transmissions or data; (iv) statements or conduct of any third party on the service; (v) or any other matter relating to these Terms or the Services, whether as a breach of contract, tort (including negligence whether active or passive), or any other theory of liability.
In other words: choosing to use our Services does mean you are making a bet on us. If the bet does not work out, that’s on you, not us. We do our darnedest to be as safe a bet as possible through careful management of the business; investments in security, infrastructure, and talent; and in general giving a damn. If you choose to use our Services, thank you for betting on us.
If you have a question about any of these Terms, please contact us at email@example.com
The term "creator" or "creators" refers to any user who creates content on the Vidovo platform. The term entity refers to any user who purchases content on the Vidovo platform. The term user refers to any user who creates an account on the Vidovo platform.
The term content applies to any content created by creators or entities on the Vidovo platform. This includes, but is not limited to, videos, images, audio, text, and any other content that can be created, stored, uploaded, or shared on the Vidovo platform.
All content provided by creators to entities or by entities to users, in association with any monetary transaction, automatically grants Vidovo LLC and its affiliated entities an irrevocable, worldwide, royalty-free license to use, reproduce, distribute, display, and perform the content. Vidovo LLC reserves the right to utilize the content for marketing, advertising, promotional purposes, research, development, or any other lawful purpose at its sole discretion. Vidovo LLC may also extend these rights to any entities with whom it partners upon receipt of said content.
By providing content, users represent and warrant that they possess all necessary rights to grant the above-mentioned license and that the content does not infringe upon the rights, including intellectual property rights, of any third party. Users agree to indemnify, defend, and hold Vidovo LLC, its affiliates, officers, directors, employees, and agents harmless from and against any and all claims, damages, liabilities, costs, or losses, including reasonable attorney's fees, arising from or related to any breach of these representations and warranties.
Users also hold Vidovo LLC harmless from any and all claims, damages, liabilities, costs, or losses, including reasonable attorney's fees, arising from or related to any content provided by users.
The Vidovo marketplace connects brands with creators. We are not responsible for the content created by creators. By making an account on Vidovo, you agree to the all the terms and conditions outlined in this document. The marketplace is subject to change at any time. We will notify you of any changes to the marketplace.
We charge a 10-15% fee on all orders to cover the cost of running the platform. This includes things like payment processing, customer support, and marketing. More advertising + a better platform means more potential clients for you. We're committed to keeping our fees as low as possible, so you can keep more of your earnings. We also want as many brands as possible to use our platform, so all of our amazing creators have a steady stream of orders.
This fee is subject to change. We will notify you of any changes to the fee structure.
We are not responsible for any disputes between brands and creators. We will do our best to resolve any disputes that arise. The creator and brand agree to work with us to resolve any disputes. Vidovo reserves the right to make a final decision on any disputes.
Marketplace Creator Requirements
To become a creator on the Vidovo marketplace, you must meet the following requirements:
- You must be at least 18 years old or the age of majority in your jurisdiction (if different than 18).
- Any user found to be under the age of 18 will be immediately removed from the platform without notice and without compensation.
- You must be eligible to receive payments from the United States of America.
- You must have a valid email address and phone number that you check regularly.
- You must be in a valid country supported by our payment processor. We are currently using Stripe to process payments. If you are not in a country supported by Stripe Connect, you will not be able to receive payments. You can find a list of supported countries here. We are not responsible for any changes to the list of supported countries.